Academic Time Line
Typical time line for a candidate B-Logic IT Support technician:
NQF 5 related training at own cost or bursary arranged by candidate
Internship at B-Logic whereby candidates get paid a monthly stipend.
Deployed as a Junior IT Sport technician working under close supervision and paid by B-Logic
After above has been completed the candidate is ready to be deployed as a T1 IT Support technician in the First Line support team.
In the first year candidates will have been trained on the basics of computers which will include the CompTIA and ICDL courses. This is offered at various Higher Education and Training (HET) institutions. B-logic selects candidates from these institutions. Candidates are welcome to contact us for career advice..
During the internship the candidate will be given industry related training from B-Logic as well as specific vendor related training. Once the basics of IT Support has been covered you will be coached and mentored on a live first-line support desk. This is where you will receive practical hands on training and experience of how to operate within a busy service environment, providing IT-related support to end users from various companies and countries. Below are some of the topics covered during your formal and practical training:
- Effective client communication both face to face, online and phone.
- Remote support ethic and process
- Service delivery and ITIL-aligned processes, with real exposure to ITIL methodology
- Basic principles of effective fault finding
- Training in the use of Remote monitoring and management tools
- Training in the use of Professional Service Automation tools
- Understanding and dealing with risk of malware/virus and ransomware.
- Managing AV tools and best-practices
- Managing Firewall related services
- Managing Back-up and restore tools and procedures
- Office 365 exposure
- ISP/MPLS awareness training
- Best practices that support effective service delivery in the IT industry
- Overview of the principles of Service delivery management
- Basics of Project IT Project management
- Basics of Account Management
On completion of the B-Logic academy/Internship you may be offered a job at B-Logic in the first line support team as a junior IT support technician.
In addition to the above intern based training we assist our staff with Microsoft and other industry courses. Candidates do their own online training and B-Logic assists by coaching and mentoring candidates in order to pass the international exams. We pay for all exams that our staff pass. This is an ongoing process as we encourage our staff to up-skill all the time and remain relevant specifically on Microsoft certifications.